CONNECT ALGOLAB TO YOUR INTERACTIVE BROKERS ACCOUNT
Connection is required for all new funded accounts
Connection is required any time there has been a disconnection
you will be notified if there has been a disconnection.
This connection process will require your authentication using the IB Key app on your smartphone.
If you do not have IB Key smart phone app, please download it from the app store on your phone.
Interactive Brokers instructions on using IB Key app on your iPhone or Android smartphone:
THERE ARE 2 WAYS TO CONNECT:
1. CONNECT METHOD ONE: USING IB KEY TO AUTHENTICATE WITH THUMB PRINT OR PIN
1. Open your AlgoLab dashboard:
2. Open the "Settings" section of your dashboard page, and enter your AlgoLab PORT# and AlgoLab PASSWORD.
3. Enter your IB ACCOUNT USER NAME, and your IB ACCOUNT PASSWORD in the fields in the "Connect to IB Account" section of "Settings".
3. Push the "submit" button
4. Watch for the IB Key app on your smart phone to alert you to authenticate this login. Click the notification to launch IB Key app, then:
for iPhone: use your thumbprint to authenticate
for Android: Enter your PIN NUMBER and LOGIN to authenticate
5. If authentication was successful, please wait 2 minutes before refreshing your algolab dashboard page to confirm that the "connection" alert light is no longer red.
2. CONNECT METHOD TWO: AUTHENTICATING USING CHALLENGE CODE
If you were unable to authenticate using IB Key due to network errors, notifications might be disabled, no internet access is available or you may have a poor, unstable connection, then you can by-pass the IB Key thumb print/pin authentication by entering a CHALLENGE CODE into the AlgoLab/IB connection application called "Gateway".
1. Access your AlgoLab IB Gateway application by TYPING THE FOLLOWING URL INTO YOUR BROWSER:
(where "PORT#" is YOUR 4 digit port number that use you when you submit a dashboard setting change. Example: https://container.thealgolab.com:1234 ) Then, enter your AlgoLab PASSWORD into the form under the monitor icon to the right of the browser (leave the token field blank).
MOBILE BROWSERS: Note, when accessing the Gateway application using a browser on a mobile device such as a smart phone or tablet, there are 3 icons that you must select to scroll, enter text, or click:
Use the "HAND" icon to scroll
Use the "KEYBOARD" icon to enter text (such as your password)
use the "MOUSE" icon to click (such as clicking on the "x" close button)
2. Force the Gateway application to restart by CLOSING it by clicking on the upper right hand "x"
3. After Gateway restarts, it will send a notification to your IB Key app on your smart phone. At this point, you can authenticate the login using your thumb print or PIN number on your smart phone, but the point to this method of authentication is to bypass this, and use the CHALLENGE CODE method. So, instead of using your IB Key app to authenticate, click on the blue link: "Click here if you did not receive the notification" in your Gateway application.
4. Gateway will present a new dialog box with a 6 digit code. Enter this 6 digit code into the "CHALLENGE" fields on your IB KEY smart phone app, then click "GENERATE"
5. After you click "GENERATE" on your IB Key smart phone app, IB Key will return a 8 digit "RESPONSE STRING".
6. Enter the 8 digit "RESPONSE STRING" into the Gateway application in the field provided and click "OK"
7. If the digits are correct, then Gateway will continue the login process. You can confirm that your log in was successful when Gateway shows 1 green box, then eventually 3 green boxes after 1 minute.